ORDER OF MERIT - FORMAT:
- If you win in the sweep or have a 2, you will be allocated points that go towards your Order Of Merit
- The points will be allocated as follows
15 POINTS - 1ST IN THE SWEEP
12 POINTS - 2ND IN THE SWEEP
9 POINTS - 3RD IN THE SWEEP
- 1 STROKE HCAP REDUCTION
4 POINTS - MAGIC 2
- In the event of a reduced field, point value and allocation will be determined by the pro shop
- To enter the competition, you just have to enter the weekly sweep and/or 2’s.
- If you do not enter the sweep or 2’s you will not be eligible for points on that day.
- 10% of the weekly sweep and 2’s monies will go towards the final Order Of Merit prize fund.
- There will be two handicap divisions per event. The field will be split evenly every week so there is an even number
(approx.) of players in each division.
- The Order Of Merit will encompass all entered players from both divisions.
- You will start the season with your summer handicap and we will cut you using our own system.
- You will have a separate handicap for the Weekend and Wednesday Order of Merits.
WINTER WEEKEND ECLECTIC – FORMAT:
- The Winter Eclectic is a competition where your best gross score at each hole is recorded over the
- There will be scratch and handicap sections.
- You are automatically entered in the eclectic if you enter the sweep.
- In the handicap section, your handicap allowance will be your final handicap at the end of the winter
- If only the Front 9 or Back 9 is open your 1st round will count for the eclectic (please make
sure this is marked on holes 1-9 on your scorecard).
- In the event of a tie, the person who has played the fewest rounds will be the
winner. If there is still a tie normal countback rules will apply (i.e. inward half, last 6 etc).
GENERAL WINTER RULES:
- MATS – When mats are in play they must be used as they were intended and not manipulated to elevate the ball.
- BUNKERS – You are allowed FREE relief from a bunker. You must find the nearest point of relief not nearer the hole, EVEN IF THIS MEANS DROPPING BEHIND THE BUNKER. You
may also play from the bunker if preferred.
- LOST BALL – In an effort to speed up play, you may drop a ball on the fairway nearest the point where the ball was lost and add 2 strokes. If this puts you at a
disadvantage you may play the usual lost ball rule.
- BALL LOST IN LEAVES – If you AND your partner(s) visually see your ball disappear into a pile of leaves, you may take a FREE drop as near as possible to where the ball was
lost. You cannot assume the ball is in leaves, you and your partner(s) MUST witness it.
- HOLE IN ONE POT – The hole in one pot will be suspended until the first medal in the New Year. A hole in one will be
paid out as two 2’s during the winter competition.