ORDER OF MERIT - FORMAT:
- If you win in the sweep or have a 2, you will be allocated points that go towards your Order Of Merit
- The points will be allocated as follows
15 POINTS - 1ST IN THE SWEEP
12 POINTS - 2ND IN THE SWEEP
9 POINTS - 3RD IN THE SWEEP
- 1 STROKE HCAP REDUCTION
4 POINTS - MAGIC 2
- In the event of a reduced field, point value and allocation will be determined by the pro shop
- To enter the competition, you just have to enter the weekly sweep and/or 2’s.
- If you do not enter the sweep or 2’s you will not be eligible for points on that day.
- 10% of the weekly sweep and 2’s monies will go towards the final Order Of Merit/Eclectic prize fund.
- There will be two handicap divisions per event. The field will be split evenly every week so there is an even number
(approx.) of players in each division.
- The Order Of Merit will encompass all entered players from both divisions.
- You will use your Handicap Index to start the winter and we will cut you using our own system.
- You will have a separate handicap for the Weekend and Wednesday Order of Merits.
WINTER WEEKEND ECLECTIC – FORMAT:
- The Winter Eclectic is a competition where your best gross score at each
hole is recorded over the winter.
- There will be scratch and handicap sections.
- You are automatically entered in the eclectic if you enter the
- In the handicap section, your handicap allowance will be your final
handicap at the end of the winter season.
- If only the Front 9 or Back 9 is open your 1st round will count
for the eclectic (please make sure this is marked on holes 1-9 on your scorecard).
- In the event of a tie, the person who has played the fewest rounds will be the winner.
If there is still a tie normal countback rules will apply (i.e. inward half, last 6 etc).
GENERAL WINTER RULES:
- MATS – When mats are in play they must be used as they were intended and not manipulated to elevate the ball.
- BUNKERS – You are allowed FREE relief from a bunker. When dropping from a bunker, you must now keep a line between the ball and the flag as you drop back. You CANNOT
drop to the side (even if this is the nearest point of relief). You may also play from the bunker using either a preferred lie (during preferred lies) or your mat (during winter mat
- LOST BALL – In an effort to speed up play, you may drop a ball on the fairway nearest the point where the ball was lost and add 2 strokes. If this puts you at a
disadvantage you may play the usual lost ball rule.
- BALL LOST IN LEAVES – If you AND your partner(s) visually see your ball disappear into a pile of leaves, you may take a FREE drop as near as possible to where the ball was
lost. You cannot assume the ball is in leaves, you and your partner(s) MUST witness it.
- HOLE IN ONE POT – The hole in one pot will be
suspended until the first medal in the New Year. A hole in one will be paid out as two 2’s during the winter competition.